(1) According to art. 56 of GEO no. 90/2008, the implementation of disciplinary and sanctioning procedures regarding the deviations from the statutory audit legislation and practice is carried out through the Disciplinary Commission.
(2) According to art. 73 par. (1) of GEO no. 90/2008, the Disciplinary Commission is the investigative and disciplinary structure for statutory auditors and audit firms in Romania.
(3) According to art. 73 par. (15) of GEO no. 90/2008, the Discipline Commission investigates the deviations committed by members of the CAFR Council or other members elected in the CAFR’s governing structures.
(4) According to the provisions of art. 81¹ alin. (5) of GEO no. 90/2008 and art. 33 par. (5) of GO no. 65/1994, the Disciplinary Commission investigates the deviations committed by the members of the governing bodies of CECCAR, its subsidiaries, as well as by the members of the CECCAR Superior Disciplinary Board.
(5) The investigation of an act liable to attract disciplinary action, the establishment of a disciplinary misconduct and the application of disciplinary sanctions shall be the responsibility of the Disciplinary Board.
The Disciplinary Commission is composed of 5 members with legal or economic background, as follows:
– a Representative appointed by the Ministry of Public Finances;
– a Representative appointed by the Ministry of Justice;
– a Representative appointed by the Financial Supervisory Authority;
– a Representative of the Chamber of Financial Auditors of Romania, appointed by the Chamber’s Council;
– a Representative of the Body of Expert and Licensed Accountants of Romania, appointed by the Body’s Superior Council.